Monday 13 April 2009

Vege-thoughts

I was vegetarian for a good two months or so and here are my thoughts:

1. Being vegan is nigh impossible. If you think going vegetarian is a big change, veganism is an absolute LIFESTYLE change - one which I personally find too much trouble for what it's worth. I don't feel passionate enough about (not) consuming animal products to be motivated to say no to milk, butter and eggs which are in everything.

2. Being vegetarian is easy because my favourite things like mushrooms, aubergines, cheese and bread are available.

3. I put on (!!!) weight being vegetarian. I think it's the carb overload. Lets just move swiftly on.

4. My hair started thinning out when I gave up meat. I think it's the lack of iron and protein. Lets just move swiftly on.

5. I am certainly making a conscious decision to make healthy choices (no processed meat ever) but am looking forward to regaining some balance in what I eat.

3 comments:

imsbiltu said...

i believe in enjoying the wonderful food people create with Gods creation. Like the food you make with love for me :). Even badly baked goods taste wonderful when they are made by you. I also find it too hard to restrict my self to anything. If its there and i like it i will eat it. The only thing i have managed to rid my self of is soda.

David said...

Elle,

You learned that humankind are meant to be omnivores.

Thining hair and you likely became anemic during those two months.

Hmm, I feel the need for a good burger!

David
U.S.A.

Elle Zhang said...

David - Lol! Not very attractive

Diego - that's why you're bulat!