Saturday 19 April 2008

It's official

Exercise makes you gain weight. Well at least it makes ME gain weight. Don't listen to what anyone else tells you. I am two weeks into my exercise regime which involves a good mix of cardio, strength training and stretches. I don't do big weights, and I do more cardio than strength training. I have been eating normally (not eating any more than usual).

I absolutely love good home made food or dining out somewhere nice so I knew a strict diet would bring me nowhere (i.e. I would break all the boundaries I set myself!) so I was hoping to regularly work off all the calories I take in. No such hope :(

The positive thing that has come from this though is that I can run further and faster, I can do more reps of the same weights (I am trying not to move up to heavier weights because I do not want to look like this). I am more flexible and I have got into the most random pilates positions I never thought I could do!

So yes, I may still be quite far off my target BMI and weight but I can fold like a pretzel - YAY.

Last night was firm drinks and it was a lot of fun - I haven't laughed this much in absolutely ages! Did it have anything to do with the open bar (free drinks!)? Of course not ;)

Despite getting into bed quite late and pretty tipsy, I woke up at 8am on the dot and couldn't fall back to sleep. I made some sushi for breakfast and am currently watching Bloomberg Money Weekend. Oh man I am such a loser, I should be waking up at noon and watching E! or something. I should behave more my age or bear the risk of being completely boooooring.

On that note, I leave you with a photo of one of the many beautiful sunsets I was lucky to have witnessed during my trip to Wales. I can't believe I am yet to blog about this! I will soon I promise!

p/s - I forgot to mention I currently have FABULOUS nails thanks to "Tommy" at Nail City in the City Centre. I should really take a photo of them.

No comments: